The Leica NOCTIVID glasses are compact in size, stylish, and elegant, but nevertheless unbelievably robust and resilient. Ideal for every walk of life, the Leica NOCTIVID binoculars set standards alone with their design. The optical and mechanical systems of the new Leica NOCTIVID family of binoculars unite the best of the latest and most innovative technologies to create a new pinnacle of excellence.
The optical engineers have integrated no less than 12 glass lens elements in the new Leica NOCTIVID models to achieve viewing excellence that fulfills even the most stringent demands. SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) glasses ensure amazingly natural color rendition. The Leica NOCTIVID binoculars take advantage of a new high-temperature plasma deposition process for highest-quality lens coatings that guarantee perfectly balanced transmission characteristics throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light, which results in a breathtakingly bright and color-neutral viewing image.
Innovative baffle systems for the suppression of stray light guarantee optimum reduction of reflections and maximum contrast. The modification of the radii of the lenses made it possible to achieve a further improvement of sharpness right up to the extreme edges of the viewing image. Innovative AquaDura® coating, a Leica development, ensures a crystal-clear view in all weathers and protects the lenses against scratching and abrasion. Thanks to this special coating, dirt and finger marks can be effortlessly wiped away.
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved edge to edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light
- Innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field of view.
- Light-weight, high strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC® coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura® lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystalclear views in any weather
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest rated water/fog proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics.
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.