The Leica M7 is a fantastic hybrid of classic Leica values with modern electronic advantages that results in a camera that is faster than ever while still having the soul of a Leica.
There is a certain feel to the mechanical operation of a Leica's functions that is oddly satisfying in an emotional context, and this is the essence of the Leica hallmark. That has not changed but instead, it's been infused with aperture-priority autoexposure, an informative viewfinder, high-speed flash synchronization and more. The M7 is as whisper-quiet and easy to focus as ever, it just does so with the speed and control that only modern accompaniments can give.
- Large assortment of high performance lenses ranging from 21 to 135mm and speeds as fast as f/1.0
- Extremely reliable performance
- Electronically-controlled, rubberized cloth shutter is still remarkably quiet yet as accurate as a modern vertical-travel metal shutter
- Flash speeds of up to 1/1000th second when combined with dedicated Metz units give the Leica shooter the option of daylight fill flash WITH large background-blurring apertures
- Improved viewfinder still displays the classic frame lines and manual metering, yet unobtrusively provides information on shutter speeds, film speed setting, exposure mode & flash readiness along the bottom
- Viewfinder information brightness is adjusted to match the ambient light conditions
- DX film coding
- Two all-mechanical shutter speeds of 1/60th & 1/125th second for batteryless performance
- Stepless shutter speeds from 1/1000th to 32 seconds in aperture-priority autoexposure mode for quick adjustments with total control for the photographer
- Retains the classic Leica M proportions shared by the M3, M4 & M6 series cameras